if anybody asks me why i hate men, i’m just gonna redirect them to this post.
it’s pretty fucking obvious that men only want to invest in breast cancer research to further degrade, objectify, and jerk off to body parts they already feel 100% entitled to. that’s what is at stake for them.
what about the women whose “tatas” weren’t saved? how must they feel being surrounded by awareness ads that focus more on keeping women’s sexy-sexy-titties-to-continue-titillating-the-males than saving real life human beings and helping survivors?
If anyone’s wondering, those posts came from here. It’s a forum for breast cancer support. Give it a read, and you’ll see how many women are outright abandoned by their husbands, sometimes after being married for decades, because their “tatas” couldn’t be saved.
This culture of “save the tatas” even goes as far as the doctor’s offices themselves. Most doctors request that the husband be present during surgical consultations, as though he has an equal say in the patient-professional discussion.
If the woman is single, as was my case, doctors have actually recommended postponing surgery until she finds a relationship, because “it could be nearly impossible to find someone who accepts it [your unnatural tatas] in years to come”.
I’m 15 months post-mastectomy, and the date I had this past week was the first time since then that a guy hadn’t reacted negatively to my scars. The relief was so overwhelming that I was fighting back tears. When I told him —essentially warning him that my body wasn’t what he must be expecting — I felt so guilty; it seemed to have the same weight and shame as telling someone I had some sort of an incurable STI or a felony record.
I shouldn’t have felt that way. I should not be ashamed of choosing to live.
Thank you for your important commentary! I hope you find someone who can love you for who you are and admire your strength as a survivor.
holy shit this just makes me so immensely disgusted and i actually feel sick to the core??? just. holy shit.
This was ad-libbed by the voice actor, Craig Ferguson and they chose to keep it in because they loved it. Kids won’t get it but adults will be thinking “did he just imply what I think he implied?”
And later the director confirmed it.
DeBlois revealed that, the reason Gobber never got married, is because he is homosexual. This makes him the first homosexual character of the franchise, and even DreamWorks itself.
This is the worst representation I’ve ever seen when will we actually get queer characters without having to deduce it from like 0.3 seconds of screen time and a vague hint
the worst? are we forgetting..
Shout out to Paranorman for showing people how it’s done.
Shout out to Paranorman for making it a punchline to a running gag making fun of a teenage girl! But hey, at least it’s obvious. Yeah.
ALL of these are fucking AWFUL representation.
Dragons is so vague that it winks by in a blink.
Dumbledore was never confirmed in text.
And Paranorman was ONE line at the END of the film that’s more punchline than anything, and spending 99% of your movie deliberately having you audience thinking a character is straight for you can have a “hahaha! You never would have guessed! He was gay all along!” moment at the very end is NOT the representation and visibility that the LGBTQIAP+ community needs.
All of these are PATHETIC and we deserve better.
Not to mention that they’re still all cis white men
ok wait I’m going to break this down cause I always dicuss this…
- Yes you are correct, we deserve more/better queer representation in films.
- These are fucking stepping stones to the representation we want and deserve. Both Dreamworks and Disney have done small nudges towards queer representation which is a BIG DEAL for large companies like that where they have many stockholders/producers/PR departments/large holdings that make doing anything “non-conservitive” a large risk. These small steps show they WANT to represent queer people and are edging into it.
- Companies like Laika are much smaller and are able to ‘risk’ doing more direct pointed representation, partially because it gives them lots of PR from discussions/boycotts/outrages/etc whereas a company like disney or dreamworks would be damaged in a small way by the same attention.
- Guess how many queers work in animation - the answer is a fucking lot.
- Its one thing to crit the representation in media but to completely shit on the small steps that are being made is shitting on the progress people are FIGHTING for. It is not perfect and it wont be perfect for a while, but these steps are just STEPS and no one is giving this to you saying “are you happy now you fucks?” what you are getting is directors and producers and animators getting excited that they are ABLE to start venturing into this in CHILDRENS FILMS
- its not perfect, but please remember progress is slow and needs support!
Agree with Rifa so hard on this
And my personal favorite:
Popcorn guy is my favorite.
okay seriously in the extended pictures, WHAT THE FUCK IS THE FAMILY COMPLAINING ABOUT WITH THE PIZZA ON THE TABLE? LIKE SERIOUSLY WHAT
I like the last one “Oh my god, I’m on fire? Better jump out a fucking window then.
I’ve said it 100 times, I FUCKING LOVE INFOMERCIAL PEOPLE SO MUCH!!
Infomercials are how I’ve learned about americans and their society.
but u forgot the best
u know when you’re writing a test and u can’t answer a question so you decide to skip it and then u find out the next 10 questions are all based on the answer from that one question you cannot do and it’s literally just like